The current mobile market has identified Android as the best OS platform for development of mobile applications of various categories. Android’s sale and popularity among enterprises and individual users has been the highest in 2012, surpassing that of even iOS, and market analysts have projected a rise in Android usage through 2015. This has posed a challenge to software developers worldwide to come up with unique Android mobile application ideas in order to satisfy the interests of the extended user base. What is the secret to ingredient to help apps get featured on the Android Market? Listed below are some tips for Android developers to remember to create successful mobile applications:
1. Simplicity of Features and Functionality – According to mobile market researchers, Android apps which have a simple design and straightforward features are error free when compared to apps with complex functionality. Contrary to the popular belief that the target audience prefers complex designs in a market where the number of apps are increasing by the day, users want mobile applications which will help them to solve problems putting minimum effort. Simple designs mean that users will be able to understand the app features better, thus being able to perform their tasks more efficiently and quicker.
2. Adhering to Design and Quality Fundamentals – The design and quality of Android mobile applications are important considerations for the software to be featured by Google. There are certain themes that Google prefers in the Android apps. These are:
3. App Title – This must hold relevance to the app keywords and its description. The title must be very clear, precise, and written in simple language for the user to understand the purpose to be served by the Android application.
4. Description and Keywords – The app keywords must be linked to the app’s description throughout the mobile application. Google picks up the keywords matching with the content; it is very important to choose keywords diligently.
5. The Frequency of Usage – The number of times a mobile application is installed and uninstalled plays a decisive role in its success or failure in the mobile market. For instance, one Android application may be downloaded 100 times; but it is also uninstalled at least 85 times. This rate of installation and uninstallation is proof of the fact that Google has found your app description as not matching with its contents, and thereby proving that this particular Android app does not meet user needs and expectations. A developer must keep note of how many times his/her Android application is being installed or uninstalled by the users. Keeping a check on the rates will ensure making necessary improvements in the app as and when required.
6. Releasing of the Main App Version – Research on similar functioning Android mobile applications is important before launching the final version of a new Android app in the market. It is also important to study the app needs and preferences of your selected target audience in order to be able to improve the quality of every Android mobile application.
To conclude, though there are no fixed rules for guaranteeing the success of an Android mobile application, a developer must make sure to build a software tool that is easy to navigate. Simplified navigation provides better user experience and thus leads to the success of an Android app.